Saturday 28 February 2015

Blog health check 1(21)

13 Posts
"You have a reasonable number of posts but more are needed. You have analysed Blade II and Black Sails particularly well. However, you also need to look at other similar products in more detail to really help you understand the title sequences of teen films. You should additionally elaborate on the research into institutions worksheet that you have posted.
You have shown some evidence of the planning of your remake by posting your storyboard. When planning your title sequence, however, you will need to talk about this process in much more detail. You need to evaluate your remake to help you think about how you will approach making your title sequence.You have made a good effort with the presentation of your research and it could be improved by using ICT to give more variety. You also need to try to write the posts in your own words rather than copying straight from your source."

My response:
Hey, 
I wanted to ask, what posts am I missing out on, because some of my posts intertwine so I thought to just leave them as they are.  As it takes so much time just to make a post in the first place. So can you please enlighten me and clarify the misunderstanding. 

And in regards of the whole "not copying from the internet" Literally 90% of my work is in my own word, I don't copy directly fro the internet, I incorporate it into my work and make it in my own style.

Also, I wanted to inform you that I won't be in Monday's lesson due to an Hospital appoint pre-assessment that I have. By any chance can you forward me any work that I will be missing during that lesson so that I wont ten to fall behind.

Hope you have a good weekend and all 
Thanks 
Esther "

Reply:
"
Hi Esther

Sorry I've taken a while to reply to this, I've been away from college due to a bereavement.

I'm really pleased that you're being proactive in adding to your blog. The posts that I have missing for you in terms of research are:
6 - a photo of your worksheet on the 4 types of film opening. I'll send you the worksheet in case you don't have yours anymore, and you can use this prezi http://candititlesteaching.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/categorising-titles.html to answer the questions
7 - analyse the type of title sequence (e.g. titles over a moving image) and order of credits for your favourite film
12 - analyse the the order of titles from a High School drama and for a Youth Drama film (we did this in class and I'll send you the worksheet) and summarise differences and similarities
14 - analysis of the micro conventions (camera, editing, sound and mise-en-scene) of the two sub-genres. You did in class with Dan and again I'll send you the worksheet
15 - analyse the above features in a High School or Youth drama film of your choice
17 - evaluate the success of your practical remake

For planning, I imagine a lot of the stuff that's missing (e.g. the type of studio and distributor that are likely to produce your film) will be in your pitch, so you should just be able to copy that over into blog posts as a group.

Oh no I didn't think that you were copying from the Internet. What I meant in my feedback was that I'd noticed some of the posts were quite similar to the handouts in class. Its not a major thing, the reason that I mentioned it is that you learn information better the more you do with it and I thought it would be useful to you. I do agree with you, however, that in the majority of your work you present what you have found in your own way.
Thanks for letting me know about Monday. Your group were just working on your pitch so you didn't miss too much.

I hope that's helpful. I'll send you any past worksheets that I've mentioned tomorrow when I'm in college. I know its a lot of hard work, but the effort that you're putting into your blog really shows and its starting to shape up nicely.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week.
 

Thanks
Phoebe"

From This, I decided to get up to date with my blogging, and caught up just fine, I managed to get the blogs that were missing from what I was told to do. As well as start on the blogs that were due to get done. Thanks to Phoebe I got back on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment